Now that fall is officially here, the Marquee Club at the fabulous Fox Theatre is celebrating Atlanta's best season with the addition of two new craft cocktails to their menu: The Atlanta old fashioned reborn, and the secret crush.
Both cocktails are made with Atlanta’s 18.21 tart cherry & saffron bitters and have just the right hint of cherry flavor. It’s not overwhelming and is so perfect for sipping on the Marquee Club’s rooftop patio during Atlanta’s fall season.
The Atlanta old fashioned reborn is made with ASW Fiddler bourbon and a mix of 18.21's coffee vanilla cacao, barrel old fashioned syrup, and the tart cherry & saffron bitters.
The secret crush is crafted with prosecco, Jack Rudy small batch grenadine, and of course, 18.21's tart cherry & saffron bitters.
If you haven’t been to the Marquee Club yet, here’s what you need to know:
- The new, fully renovated space opens 90 minutes prior to the start of the show and is also open during intermission and after the show
- Heavy hors d’oeuvres are served before the show, and coffee and dessert during intermission
- Non-alcoholic beverages are included in the price of the ticket, but alcoholic ones cost extra
- You have to have a ticket to a show at the Fox Theatre on the same day you want to visit the Marquee Club
- The space has three distinct levels, and there are restrooms on each one (so no waiting in line for the bathroom during intermission!)
- There are bars on the main and rooftop levels, so no waiting in line for a drink either
- The rooftop alone is worth the price of admission! Instead of offering city skyline views, like other rooftops in Atlanta, the patio at the Marquee Club makes you feel like you’re in the heart of the city
I had the chance to check out the Marquee Club before seeing Aladdin at the Fox Theatre, which is in Atlanta through September 23, and I absolutely loved the entire experience! The admission is pricy, but worth it. The food was delicious and filling (so no need to scramble for a rushed dinner reservations before the show), the service impeccable, and the drinks delectable.
Speaking of drinks, the new fall additions to the menu will be available starting in October, so if you have tickets to any of the upcoming Fox Theatre shows – whether it’s a Broadway shows, like School of Rock, or a concert, like David Byrne's Atlanta stop on the American Utopia tour — be sure to grab your ticket to the Marquee Club and order one of the new beverages.